Still without any official announcement from Sony (I don’t think they know how to advertise), information regarding the forthcoming UX490N has gone up on Sony’s esupport.sony.com website. No new surprises within the user guide or technical specifications. The initial US release of the UX490N will include a 48GB SDD, and new Core 2 Solo U2200 CPU (1.2GHz). Interestingly enough, the technical specs show the U2200 CPU as having 2MB of L2 cache, while Intel’s site still shows a conflicting 1MB L2 cache on their Core 2 Solo processor specifications page.
It would appear from the information on the esupport website that a package will be released under the title of UX490N/C. This package will come with the new UX490N, as well as the VAIO Bluetooth GPS receiver, and an extended battery (apparently in addition to the standard battery). Prices for this package are yet to be determined. Check out the following links to take a look at some of this preliminary UX490N documentation -
WordPress database error: [Incorrect file format 'wp_comments']
SELECT * FROM wp_comments WHERE comment_post_ID = '206' AND comment_approved = '1' ORDER BY comment_date
- The Sony VAIO P Series Lifestyle PC
- Custom made low-clearance power plugs for your UX
- Introducing MPCT Power Search provided by Google CS
- DIY Gamepad Controller for the UX
- Don’t worry, I’m not leaving!
- What is the UX383CN?
- Results are in: UX490 running Windows XP is the fastest UMPC in town
- Custom made hardcover screen protector and stand for UX
- VGN-UX491-MCD to include mini-CD drive
- UX490 heads to Korea as the UX58LN