Go Back   Micro PC Talk Forums > Micro PC > Software

Unread 05-06-2010, 03:40 PM
deuzogt Offline

Exclamation Help with Recovery Partition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi

I'm looking for some divine help please. here is the problem, i made a copy of my recovery partition with acronis true image on a external hard disk drive and i install windows xp i made a full format of my drive and restore the image and everything fine, i change from one operating system to another making a full format and low level format with any problem, but yesterday when i try tu install windows 7, when i try to return to windows vista this sh***!!!! re-write the MBR and when i try to install vista with the recovery partition it says "no recovery partition or restore disc found" so i supose that the MBR is the problem Because i can't enter recovery partition by pressing F10, i must change the partition active to boot, so if some body that have a UX-380N can send me a copy of a MBR and the program to backup/restore the MBR i appreciate so much.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 05-06-2010, 03:45 PM
deuzogt Offline

by the way if some body tell me how to upload the image of my recovery partition to share with other users that need desperatly the recovery partition it`s 6Gb but i can compress even more to 3 Gb to share
Unread 05-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Eturnulrs704 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuzogt View Post
by the way if some body tell me how to upload the image of my recovery partition to share with other users that need desperatly the recovery partition it`s 6Gb but i can compress even more to 3 Gb to share
this is wut u need. then u can customize from there.. burn iso onto dvd using nero or imgburn and profit.. good luck alltho u wont need it, its pretty simple n dead on..

http://www.micropctalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7830
Unread 05-06-2010, 10:19 PM
deuzogt Offline

Smile
Thanks for the post, but reading all comments, one person that have the same model of ux said that the recovery dvd won't work on that model because the dvd's where maked for the erupean model and we have the american model
Unread 05-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Eturnulrs704 Offline

do u still have the recovery partion? if so restart ansd hold FN and 8 or FN and R key to recovery..
Unread 05-07-2010, 12:49 AM
deuzogt Offline

Yes i have but the problem is that don't boot by pressing F10 only by changing the partitio to primary active and when i run the recovery partition it said" no recovery partition or disc recovery found" it's the MBR the problem because after i erase the whole disk and restore the partition with acronis true image and work fine but after the MBR was deleted it works fine
Unread 04-10-2012, 03:44 PM
NFN01 Offline

Default How do I use the recovery discs to restore vista
Hi

I have created a set of restore discs using the vaio recovery utility.

The UX booted from the disc fine. Which option do I use?

Tried "Windows Complete PC restore" and it says it cant find any back up data on C: or the DVD?

Any ideas or am I doing it wrong?

Cheers

NFN
Unread 04-10-2012, 11:41 PM
ceehoppy1st Offline

Awards Showcase
100 Posts Spam Spotter 
Total Awards: 2
Anything with "Windows" in it sounds like the Vista/ Win7 backup Utility- you use it to create (& restore) a backup image of the existing C: drive on another (external) drive. There should be other options, something with Sony or Vaio in the name. (it's been years since I tried doing a Vista restore)