Go Back   Micro PC Talk Forums > Micro PC > Software

Unread 11-25-2011, 10:59 PM
hajizack Offline

Default help me..!!
Hi everyone...
Im zack from Malaysia...
Thank god finally I got UX..
My model is UX38GN which is Singapore model...
1GB ram, vista business, 32SSD..

now im using 7 Pro, but I can't use camera or any button except mouse..
im follow step to install the driver (hav change model.txt) but still cannot install it...

Help me please....
Last edited by hajizack : 11-25-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Unread 11-25-2011, 11:53 PM
blaster Offline

Awards Showcase
100 Posts 
Total Awards: 1
You need to change the read wright permitions. If you dont it just goes back to shat your model numder is. Make shore you got the corect model number too.

Hey seeing as your in malasia can i get you to help me with the guy who tryed to scam me (see other tread)
EEE PC 900. 9" 900mhz 2gb ram. i have been messing around with windows 7 and 8 hehe
Unread 11-26-2011, 12:41 AM
hajizack Offline

i hav set back all the number.. still can't use..
"this software only install in Windows Vista"...

- in malaysia, doing online business, u should aware,..
even local people easily can be cheated by person who really eager want to sell item like DSLR, electronic gadget... huhhh
Unread 11-27-2011, 02:42 AM
ceehoppy1st Offline

Awards Showcase
100 Posts Spam Spotter 
Total Awards: 2
Why don't you go to page 5 of this thread (post #50) & download Gabe's Win7 driverpack ver1.2? This should work on all UX without needing model.txt at all. Just follow the readme file instructions. I used it & (almost)everything works- zoom, touchlauncher, BOTH cameras, etc. (I personally never tried bluetooth, WWAN, or fingerprint scanner)
Unread 01-15-2012, 10:20 AM
jakartadogdown Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe View Post
Thanks for the feedback. After some tests, I've determined that windows update's driver is of very poor quality, making calls to tcwbf.dll and hanging on the processing loop, sporadically causing 10% WUDFHost CPU usage and preventing sustained chipset idling or touchstrip powersaving.

I've updated the driverpack, now under 58MB total, with a full-featured, lightweight (20MB or so) PS QL 5.8.2 with full support for firefox 3.6, personal safe, custom launcher support, etc with a 2010 glitch-free driver.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mi4dgm...rivers-1.2.exe
thanks for the link.
my touchscreen back to normal
Unread 01-18-2012, 12:06 PM
AYT Offline

Default Please Help
If anyone can please help me restore my UX, I'm a beginner at doing this, it'll be a big help me for me.

I download all of the four files (the UX-SP3) and joined them

1) how do I burn the iso image onto a disk using nero, and what do I do with it afterwards, 3) Do I load the disk at start up or something else?
2) what do I do afterwards with the joined uX-SP3 file?

Any feepback I would greatly appreciate, it'll save me hours of trying to search options on google.
Thnaks A lot
Unread 01-18-2012, 09:45 PM
anh Offline

Awards Showcase
500 Posts Master Modder Master Modder 100 Posts 
Total Awards: 6
You also need to download ghost iso.
Then you burn that iso to a cd for bootinkg up your ux.
You also burn image file to dvd to restore your ux after you start your ux with ghost iso.

Notebook
SVS13A190X

Portable
VGN-UX280P
Tablet S1 16GB
Unread 04-14-2012, 02:53 PM
NFN01 Offline

Default win7 install on ux1
Hi

Please could someone list the steps required to install win 7 on an empty 64gb ssd on my ux1.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

NFN
Unread 04-15-2012, 06:24 PM
ceehoppy1st Offline

Awards Showcase
100 Posts Spam Spotter 
Total Awards: 2
1)I assume your 64GB ssd is installed & the UX is assembled- power it on.
2)Hold the Fn key & tap 2 key during the VIAO splash screen to enter bios setup.
3) Toggle right to Advanced screen. make sure that your 64GB is listed at the top for Hard Drive. Go down to External Drive Boot & set it to Enabled.
4) Toggle right to Boot screen & make sure that USB optical drive or hdd is further up in sequence than internal hdd. save changes (Fn & R or F10) & exit.
5) If you have usb dvd drive, plug it into the UX, load your retail Win7 disc, boot up & follow the instructions to install. (create & format a partition, etc)
6) If you have a usb flash drive, use Microsoft's usb tool to prep the drive & copy the iso. Plug it into the UX, boot up & follow the instructions to install.
7) Go to this thread at post# 50, & download Gabe's win7 driver pack ver1.2. Run the exe (which will unzip- it might say that it failed on the Upeck driver- ignore it) View all the readme files which give the correct order for what drivers & when to install Win7 updates (& microsoft's drivers).
8) After all that, pretty much everything on the UX should work. It might not be a bad idea to go to Control panel/ Device Manager- get the details on major hardware items (Intel 945GMS chipset, Intel 950GMA video, Marvell/Yukon 88E8036 ethernet, Intel 3945 wifi, Realtek Hi def Audio) then go to the manufacturers' sites & get the newest win7 drivers.
Unread 07-07-2012, 04:14 PM
ici Offline

Default important
I have VGN-UX380N. And I want to install Windows 7 32-bit Ultimate. When I boot from my USB drive and select language, etc, the installation asks me for CD/DVD/USB/HDD drivers to install. I don't know what to do. Could somebody tell me what should I download so the installation could find my hdd. I tried different boot sequence options. None of them worked and my hdd is still not found in the installation of win7 and still asks me for some drivers.