Go Back   Micro PC Talk Forums > Micro PC > Software

Unread 07-02-2010, 04:57 AM
icefire Offline

Send a message via MSN to icefire
million thanks for sharing.
Unread 10-17-2011, 03:28 PM
Zik Offline

Send a message via MSN to Zik Send a message via Yahoo to Zik
i have Model = "VGN-UX37GN_L" installled win 7 ultimate keep giving me same error , even though i followed same step as vista .
please advise what model i should changd it to and how i can lock it to stop changing back to Model = "VGN-UX37GN_L"
Unread 10-17-2011, 09:19 PM
ceehoppy1st Offline

Awards Showcase
100 Posts Spam Spotter 
Total Awards: 2
You can't stop it from changing back, you rewrite the model.txt everytime you want to install a new driver or utility.

Say you want to install a camera driver from UX490N on you UX37. You click on the exe then click "I accept" for the EULA. The process errors & it generates the model.txt file. So what you do is launch exe again then wait. You rewrite the txt file to whatever model the driver is for- in this case a UX490.So you change "VGN-UX37GN_L" to "VGN-UX490N" & save the file. Then click "I accept" & install driver.

You have to repeat the process for each time you install a driver- annoying, but that's Sony for you.

OR- you could use Gabe's Win7 driver pack ver 1.2 that has the model verification removed. I gave that link yesterday.
Unread 04-22-2012, 03:20 PM
fernandohual Offline

Thumbs up Thanks alot
Thanks alot it really works and is great
Unread 06-15-2012, 12:43 AM
denialniel Offline

Actually this message gives the information that your driver does not support with your operating system. It means this if you have window 7 then you need window 7 related driver.
Unread 06-16-2012, 08:21 PM
anh Offline

Awards Showcase
500 Posts Master Modder Master Modder 100 Posts 
Total Awards: 6
Do you have an idea what you are talking about, denial?
There is no such "windows 7 related driver" for UX's..
Drivers for Vista work great in 7. The only thing they have to do is edit model.txt file everytime running a driver or utility download from esupport.sony.com.

Notebook
SVS13A190X

Portable
VGN-UX280P
Tablet S1 16GB
Unread 06-16-2012, 10:21 PM
bigs Offline

Awards Showcase
500 Posts 100 Posts 
Total Awards: 2
anh, think u have been fooled by the spambot!
micropc hardware: sony ux17gp with 390N mainboard with Anh u7700 upgrade core2duo 1.33ghz 1024mb (now upgraded to 64gb SLC SSD Samsung), Intel 4965 agn wireless, upgrade addon 3rd mini aerial, UX37GBN blue housing incorporating improved keyboard
OS: Linux Ubuntu 10.04 lucid & now 12.04 Precise Pangolin!
sony 380N stock 1.33ghz, 1gb ram, and 40gb rotational drive OS: windows ultimate
light slim notebook: toshiba r200 1.3ghz 1.2gb ram 64gb photofast v1 ssd oS: linux ubuntu 7.04 feisty fawn
Unread 06-16-2012, 11:45 PM
FiveOhFour Offline

Just wanted to clarify, I saw a few posts back a comment that you cant stop it from changing back. If you are using win XP thats true but if you are using Windows 7 or Vista than you can simply go into properties and take ownership of the file to allow yourself to write to it, change the model to VGN-UX490N (if you are doing Win 7 and in US) and then save and choose to overwrite existing. Then immediately go back to properties>security and edit each user/group in the permissions to be denied access to write to that file. Side note and either i overlooked this in the guide or it was the one detail left out, You will likely also have to either take ownership of or give yourself permissions to modify and write to C:Windows before you can save your mode.txt. Its also the same process for Windows 8, you only need to change it once.
Unread 06-17-2012, 06:12 AM
harryfokker Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOhFour View Post
Just wanted to clarify, I saw a few posts back a comment that you cant stop it from changing back. If you are using win XP thats true but if you are using Windows 7 or Vista than you can simply go into properties and take ownership of the file to allow yourself to write to it, change the model to VGN-UX490N (if you are doing Win 7 and in US) and then save and choose to overwrite existing. Then immediately go back to properties>security and edit each user/group in the permissions to be denied access to write to that file. Side note and either i overlooked this in the guide or it was the one detail left out, You will likely also have to either take ownership of or give yourself permissions to modify and write to C:Windows before you can save your mode.txt. Its also the same process for Windows 8, you only need to change it once.
Good for you!!!! thanks i not think about this before, i will try it soon.
OS: 1)Windows 8 Pro / 2)Android X86 4.0.2 Ice Cream Sandwich
Software Mods: SetFsb(CPU Overclock) / GMABooster(GPU Overclock 400MHZ) / Bios Mod(Fixed Video Ram 251MB)

"Anything is acceptable if it leads to a successful result . . ."