Go Back   Micro PC Talk Forums > Micro PC > Off Topic

Unread 02-02-2012, 04:56 PM
blaster Offline

Awards Showcase
100 Posts 
Total Awards: 1
Default cant deside on a new tablet. sony p,s or asus prime
hey guys. i am looking to get a new tablet soon hear are my choises (in order but feel free to add to the list

sony p - foldable and "weird" enough for me. i can never have something normal i can live with the sd card.
tablet s - standard tablet - full size sd card
asus transformer prime- has the keyboard to make it "weird" lol has both micro on board and large on the keyboard. built in usb port. i dont like the aloy finish id have to wait for the updated vertion with the better screen ect

battery life isnt much of a problem as i keep a powergorilla battery in my back pack that can be esaly adapter to all tablets even if a little soldering is involved

i realy want a full size sd card slot. also hoping to run windows 8 on it. from what i have seen win 8 runs realy well on arm

i also dont know if lack of usb host is THAT much of a down side. with my half dead xperia arc i never got it to work with anything but that was a phone. i did fined an app that allows you to use a usb tv tuner that has made me a little excited.

all my docs are on google docs and box so i dont really need flash drive. although running win 8 id REALY need usb host.

im yet to see if you can use a usb web cam with an android tablet.

cos of thees usb host problems ill be keeping my ux around but its falling feather and feather behind.
EEE PC 900. 9" 900mhz 2gb ram. i have been messing around with windows 7 and 8 hehe
Unread 02-09-2012, 08:46 PM
harryfokker Offline

Default Acer Iconia W500
Hello

I can really recomend you the Acer Iconia W500, a friend of mine has one and works really great, is light, HD videos runs perfect, and is totally windows 8 capable, this are the specs:

Key Features
10.1” HD Multi-Touch LED-backlit TFT LCD Display: (1280 x 800) resolution, wide viewing angle
AMD Dual-Core Processor C-50
2GB DDR3 Dual-Channel Memory
Windows® 7 Home Premium 32-bit
Microsoft® Office Starter 2010
ATI Radeon™ HD 6250 Graphics
32GB Solid State Drive
Dual 1.3MP Acer Crystal Eye Webcams (1280 x 1024) resolution
802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™
Bluetooth® 3.0+HS
Dolby® Advanced Audio® v2 Audio Enhancement
High-Definition Audio Support
2- USB 2.0 Port
1- HDMI™ Port with HDCP Support
Full-Size Acer FineTip Keyboard
Acer PowerSmart Battery 3-cell Li-Polymer

My friend says that battery can run about 6 and a half hours in balanced performance, on high performance can give about 5 hrs, to me that sounds pretty good for a 500 bucks tablet; he installs Windows 8 developer preview and runs flawless , nearly perfect, 6 seconds startup time, and now in february with the Consumer Preview it will be more powerfull.

This is the price from Acer http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Iconia-W5...8823276&sr=8-1

and here's a video running Call of dutty Modern Warfare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzDOny9uH7Y

I think this is the best deal in the actual market, i wish this help you.

Bye
OS: 1)Windows 8 Pro / 2)Android X86 4.0.2 Ice Cream Sandwich
Software Mods: SetFsb(CPU Overclock) / GMABooster(GPU Overclock 400MHZ) / Bios Mod(Fixed Video Ram 251MB)

"Anything is acceptable if it leads to a successful result . . ."
Unread 02-09-2012, 09:20 PM
blaster Offline

Awards Showcase
100 Posts 
acer.... id rather shoot my self in the foot. amd....... id rather shoot my self in the foot. x86 tablet. again id rather shoot my self in the foot

the point of an arm tablet is the cpu uses 1 watt not 3-8watts for the cpu then a nuther 1-2watts for the north and south bridge

i want a tablet tha uses 5 watts mac not 7 watts on extreme idle

i need to 8 hours battery life not the 2-4. i have my ux for that

arm is whats next. lol i love it so much i want to see what i can mane an apple g5 do.

after the last acer tablet i tryed in a store i wanted to throw up. even the arm ones are terable.
EEE PC 900. 9" 900mhz 2gb ram. i have been messing around with windows 7 and 8 hehe
Unread 02-09-2012, 09:28 PM
blaster Offline

Awards Showcase
100 Posts 
i first discovered arm after using the broadcom crystal hd decoder. im hooked. its amazing what this little tiny arm chip can do. it adds full 1080p to a pc and only uses around a watt AT MOST

the thing that shits me is that they only have 1gb of ram. tegra 3 can take 2gb of ram but we are not seeing that so far.
Unread 02-09-2012, 09:38 PM
blaster Offline

Awards Showcase
100 Posts 
oh wait that acer IS the acer i tryed in the store. errr NO NO ALL KINDS OF CHEEP ASS PIECE OF CRAP NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Unread 02-09-2012, 11:07 PM
harryfokker Offline

je je je i understand you, but even ARM is the future etc etc, right now the OS is what rules in the tablet market, believe me if you compare the 1G Ipad versus the latest Samsung Galaxy tab or a Sony P etc etc, you will chose the Ipad, honestly right now Android is not a tablet OS , IOS rules on tablets for now, Buy an Ipad, jailbreak it and you got the perfect tablet.
OS: 1)Windows 8 Pro / 2)Android X86 4.0.2 Ice Cream Sandwich
Software Mods: SetFsb(CPU Overclock) / GMABooster(GPU Overclock 400MHZ) / Bios Mod(Fixed Video Ram 251MB)

"Anything is acceptable if it leads to a successful result . . ."
Unread 02-09-2012, 11:38 PM
blaster Offline

Awards Showcase
100 Posts 
i have used an ipad. my family has one.........ill take the acer. its that bad.

ios is the worced os in the world. how long did we have to wait to get any sort of bluetooth? a year? file explorer. sending of files over bluetooth? files ? proper sd and flash card support? movie format playback support.(come one REALY?. there is more to life than mp4 with extreme limitations) document suport with out having to pay an arm PER PROGRAM!!! (ok for the app store $10 is alot)

the list of crap goes on and on. i could crap on a pad and it would be a better product.

dont even get me started on the micro sim
Unread 02-09-2012, 11:41 PM
blaster Offline

Awards Showcase
100 Posts 
id rather use a fujitsue tablet from the p3 era. well actioly that thing wasnt half bad. the 2nd revision of it had a great out door screen, p3 900mhz with 750mb of ram i think which was alot for most p3 systems