Welcome to Micro PC Talk!

Site announcements.
Reggie

Welcome to Micro PC Talk!

Postby Reggie » Tue May 30, 2006 20:20

My name is Reggie Suplido. Some of you know me as the founder of Clie Source, a once enthusiast site for the Sony Clie Palm OS PDA. When Sony decided to end their Clie line in June 2004, Clie Source decided to encompass the whole Palm OS line of products and became One Source.

I created Micro PC Talk to revive the Sony handheld spirit through the Sony Vaio UX Micro PC line of products. I don't have one yet, but from how it looks and how others have been talking about it, I believe that it is what the Sony Clie could have become. Not factoring the price, I believe that Sony has created a well designed device that a lot will have a use for.

The site runs Wordpress (Blogging software) for news, and the usual vBulletin for the forums. As with any other site, it wouldn't be successful if it doesn't get the support from you. As with Clie Source, I am hoping to report everything that is Micro PC related. The site is new. A lot are still not working and still on the works.

I would appreciate any help. If you have some spare time, I would need help in posting news and moderating the forums as the site becomes bigger. As always, comments and suggestions to improve the site are always welcome.

Thanks and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Reggie Suplido
Founder

JAmerican

Postby JAmerican » Wed May 31, 2006 04:09

Thanks Reggie for doing this. You seem to be the leading person behind Sony handheld discussion. LOL. Thanks for doing this as you have done with CLIESource, now 1src. This site will become one day become the greatness that 1src is today.

JAmerican

Eungang

Postby Eungang » Wed May 31, 2006 04:09

Congrats on the new site, Reggie! It definitely harkens back to the Clie Source days. Clie Source drew me into the Handheld community to begin with and I am eager to see where Sony's new outing goes!

Reggie

Postby Reggie » Wed May 31, 2006 04:28

Thanks all! Welcome to the site!

spaceman

Postby spaceman » Wed May 31, 2006 09:21

Reggie, I've got to hand it to you. This site already seems very well put together and filled with announcements/news and this is within the first few days!

I'm a big fan of everything Sony at heart despite the tough-love that they showed us Clie owners. They still seem to put out the best there is in the tech world and have a great eye for detail...usually.

Again, incredible work my friend. Keep it up and I'm gonna have to agree with JAm that this site has a lot of potential to lead the way into this new wave of PDA-laptop straddlers devices.

gnight everyone,
-spaceman

MyVaio

Thanks for creating this site.

Postby MyVaio » Thu Jun 01, 2006 04:15

Hi Reggie,

Thank you for creating this site and aslo the job well done.

CH

Chrizkatore

Postby Chrizkatore » Sat Jun 03, 2006 14:34

Amazing site, I really like it! As I write this from my U71P, I won't hesitate to upgrade to the UX90S when it comes out, and this will definately be my first source of information and discussion. Thanks for this site!

Reggie

Postby Reggie » Sat Jun 03, 2006 14:50

Welcome aboard Chrizkatore!

We hope to hear about your experiences with the UX90 as you compare it to the U71P.

Thanks.

zakeen

Postby zakeen » Thu Jun 29, 2006 01:04

Nice site Reggie!

I just bought the U8G in Nov 05. But now I will have to get myself a UX. Soon as I can, just have to work out which model to buy.......to many to choose from....... but you site will help for sure! Thanks!
Want to win some PRO Cycling kit, go to Free Stuff at http://www.adamhansen.com

arthur

Postby arthur » Fri Jun 30, 2006 08:43

Great site for Sony UX lovers!

Just placed a pre-order at Sony HK online store. Really want to get it as soon as possible. The scheduled delivery is around first week of July. By the way, the model number is UX17GP instead of UX90 model here in Hong Kong.

Return to “Announcements”