Possible Changes at Micro PC Talk (please read)

Site announcements.
technogeekchris

Postby technogeekchris » Mon Dec 24, 2007 08:07

i think if you will do this better to do it slowly like, 1 product at a time.. and again, i would like to suggest to have a CLASSIFIED section in your forum for selling UX posts... I have been followign this site and i notice some SPAM POSTING for selling non-ux items....

frunty

Postby frunty » Mon Dec 24, 2007 08:08

I think it's definitely a good idea to diversify while still giving the UX users a place to hang out. I've been a member of several forums (CLIE Source, Axim Site, and Sony TR World) that kind of fizzled out community-wise upon discontinuation of the devices and would hate to see that happen here.

theghengis

Postby theghengis » Tue Dec 25, 2007 07:35

god yes! a classified section!

zakeen

Postby zakeen » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:15

I think its too also, then I can do a review on the UX vs the nokia n810(which will be here anyday now).

bigger is better......... ok not with micropc's.........
Want to win some PRO Cycling kit, go to Free Stuff at http://www.adamhansen.com

Benz145

Postby Benz145 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:56

zakeen wrote:I think its too also, then I can do a review on the UX vs the nokia n810(which will be here anyday now).

bigger is better......... ok not with micropc's.........

I'd like to hear about your N810 when you get it : )
Sony VAIO UX180 | Asus UX31E Ultrabook | iPhone 5S | Google Glass

Virtual Reality Blog
Personal Blog

Editor for:
UltrabookNews.com
Carrypad.com
UMPCPortal.com

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » Wed Dec 26, 2007 02:00

Aussie wrote:I spoke about this subject quite a long time ago only to get negative feedback, I'm glad you're going down this path. Good move.

LOL, I remember getting the same reaction from a few folks here when I suggested it in an earlier thread. We can stay safe in our little corner or grow. With great risk comes great reward as they say. To cover other UMPCs more completely is a logical step in the right direction.
XBox Live: Gekirou
PS3: jV

sistemasmty9

Postby sistemasmty9 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:58

Been out for a while, just read this thread, and I want to share my opinion:

This site is the best reffering to ux, but thats the problem, I have to go somewhere else to see other options, comparisons etc., (I now own a ux380, had two ux280, but used a samsung q1 ultra, q1 celeron, vaio 10.1 inch, nec mobile pro)

So the idea of expanding is not only good, it is AWESOME! so keep the good work and thanks for all the time you invest on this site Benz145.
LOOKING 4 "THE" DEVICE Had all palms till t3, all ipaqs till hw, all clies till nz90, all treos till 650, jornada720, nec 900c, samsung q1, thoshiba tablet 12in, vaio tr2f 10.6in, 2vaio ux280, NOW: ipaq hx4700, ppc4100, ipaq h6315, bberry 8800, desk athlonx2 4800+, lap vaio vgnn320, UX380 with usb tv stick, usb sat tv fta dsh, bt gps, usb 60gb drive, dvdrw, floppy, sd reader, 4gb duo, 8gb cf 4 booting, 32 lcd on desk with wirlss mouse and keyb to ux cradle, htpc 42lcd, genpix skywalker1 hddish

water

Postby water » Mon Dec 29, 2008 07:21

I think that we should cover all the UMPC's we can, but in turn I think that each UMPC will split into it's own community. All the people who are obsessed with Micro PC's (like me) will stay in that area and not move around, get to know each other, share ideas, mod, and everything we do now. There will be an entire seprate community under another UMPC's section.

I see no reason not to move to covering more UMPC's. All the current members we have will either use their determining skills to gain knowledge of the other UMPC's, or stick into the Micro PC section. We will have a few people who come across our forum and like the ENTIRE UMPC thing and get obsessed over all of the UMPC's, or we will get those people who are not interested in all the others, but one of the UMPC's we have added. There is no loss, everyone will be happy, we will just let our community grow in new ways, also letting people enjoy the entire forum however they feel.

I am also sure that any inconvinence that occurs can be easily shot down and fixed so that there will be no complaints. There may be some more server buildup (which I presume is not a problem at all).

Still, most importantly, since we were origonaly based on the Micro PC, the Micro PC section will be on top of all the others =Þ.

Good luck handling the forum!

grandtheftcd

Postby grandtheftcd » Tue Dec 30, 2008 09:37

I like water's idea of the seperate communities. When I come to this site I typically just look at the most active topics unless i am looking for something. So i would like to be able to choose between the most active topics for each different UMPC, or have the top 25 overall so i dont have to sort through much. I also think that phones should have no place in this forum.

Virtua

Postby Virtua » Tue Dec 30, 2008 18:25

The predecessor to this site was about the Clie which then expanded to all PDA`s after the demise of the Clie.

No sure how well it performed when it changed - but perhaps that is a good indicator performance wise.

For me, this site (and its predecessor) has been more the fact that it is a Sony site, as opposed to anyone else - Id like to see the site open up to Vaio in general -

myself I moved from UX to TZ to Z...but still hook into this site. havea fujitsu U, but to be honest, have a bunch of other sites which hve been arund for ages with installed userbase - Micro pc talk isnt there in that sense - lets face it, thigs have pretty much dried up. Making it Sony would differentiate it for me - aside from the people here that is ;) but then again I do see people from here elsewhere.

Micro Pc talk - like no other - yes I like that :)
[color="Lime"]UX91S 32GB SSD
1.33ghz / 1Gb[/color]
Jap OS Vista Home Premium
Office 2007 Standard (J-version)
KBC1 Vaio USB fold away keyboard
USP1 Vaio USB Speaker
BGU1 Vaio GPS BT adapter
BRM10 Vaio BT Controller
BRM1BC Vaio BT headphone adapter
DDRW4 Vaio DVD +/- RW Disk drive
UHDMO8 Vaio 80gb External Hard Drive[/color]
Ridata 8gb Pro 150X CF Card
Sony 8gb Memory Stick Duo
Buffalo HD-HB250IBU2 (250G Hard Disk)
CKUX1 Vaio leather case
MBC10 Vaio Carry bag (to store all my accessories!)

Return to “Announcements”