Stickies

Comments & suggestions for the site improvement are always welcome.
anotherthing

Stickies

Postby anotherthing » Wed May 02, 2007 18:11

Hey Benz,

Would it be possible instead of having a bunch of stickied threads in some forums, having one stickied threads with links to the important threads? It would save on clutter in forums like the Software Forum which has a bunch of them while also allowing you to add things like the screen blinking issue where people can quickly find them.

Benz145

Postby Benz145 » Wed May 02, 2007 19:04

Good suggestion, I've been watching the clutter and been concerned with it. For now I feel that its ok, but if we get many more I'll probably have to do something like you mentioned.

The only problem with having a "Sticky" thread house all the stickies is that if people don't immediately see the title on the forum index itself, they usually don't do much searching and simply make a new post which might have already been answered in the stickies.

As I said though, any more posts that need to be stickied will probably cross the line where I need to compile them into one thread, so thanks for the suggestion : )
Sony VAIO UX180 | Asus UX31E Ultrabook | iPhone 5S | Google Glass

Virtual Reality Blog
Personal Blog

Editor for:
UltrabookNews.com
Carrypad.com
UMPCPortal.com

anotherthing

Postby anotherthing » Thu May 03, 2007 05:20

The screen blinking thread should definitely be one of the things that falls under a sticky or FAQ, I think. I would have never known there was an easy fix for it if someone hadn't posted that thread asking about it in relation to the battery vs power cable thing.

You're right about lazy people. Some other forums have ways around that issue by brutally humiliating new people who ask things found in the FAQ until they crawl up under their beds in a fetal position and cry for hours. It works like a champ!

Benz145

Postby Benz145 » Thu May 03, 2007 11:47

Haha well as easy as good of a tactic it might be, were not looking to intimidate new members ; D

As for the screen blinking thing, I didn't know that someone had posted a working solution, and I thought it was a case that only occurred under a UX390N that had been downgraded to Vista. Can you link me to the post that has a solution?
Sony VAIO UX180 | Asus UX31E Ultrabook | iPhone 5S | Google Glass

Virtual Reality Blog

Personal Blog

Editor for:

UltrabookNews.com

Carrypad.com

UMPCPortal.com

anotherthing

Postby anotherthing » Thu May 03, 2007 14:41

This thread is where the advice is offered. Basically, if you have that problem, download the latest Intel Embedded Graphics Accellerator drivers, uninstall the ones you're currently using, don't reboot, and install the latest ones. Worked for me where a simple install over the old ones didn't work. The uninstallation of the old ones is what seems to fix it.

Return to “Comment/Suggest”