Digital Cube iStation G43 - "World's Smallest" UMPC

Talk about the Digital Cube UMPCs here.
sev7en

Digital Cube iStation G43 - "World's Smallest" UMPC

Postby sev7en » Thu Sep 13, 2007 17:24

The first thing you need to know about Digital Cube's i-Station G43 UMPC is that it's small. Not crazy small, just small for a device labeled a UMPC. That's primarily due to that fact that it sports a 4.3-inch, 800 x 480 touch-screen display instead of the big ol' 7-incher featured on most UMPCs. Its primary limitation then, is the fact that it runs an AMD Geode LX800/900 running at 500MHz (throttled back to 398MHz in the prototype on display at CeBIT).

That means XP and Linux, no Vista Home Professional for you. Still, with 802.11b/g WiFi, Bluetooth, choice of 30GB or 60GB disks, a speaker dock, USB-host port, and a nice touch-pad mousing interface along the left-hand side, it will certainly fill a void in somebody's ultra mobile lifestyle. You know, whenever it might ship.

It will be out in Korea this summer for about $700 with a rest of world launch in September or October.

More Information: http://www.digital-cube.co.kr
[color="Red"]Sony VAIO VGN-UX91S - 03.04.07[/color]
[color="Orange"] OS - Windows 7 Build 7000 || iPC OSX Leopard Uni 10.5.6 || Project Fedora 10 [/color]
[color="White"]MacBook Pro 17" C2D 2.33GHz ||
Nokia N93 || HTC TouchHD [/color]
--------
[color="DarkRed"]|||[/color] Full Guide: Sony Vaio UX MacOS X Installation Guide & HowTo
[color="DarkRed"]|||[/color] Repo: Sony Vaio Series,Apple and...Cartoons Wallpapers!
[color="DarkRed"]|||[/color] Repo: "The Essential" For Any Mac User

sev7en

Postby sev7en » Thu Sep 13, 2007 17:28

The G43 has been available on the Korean market but the model v43 looks for the US/European distribution. It shares many components as well as the same look&feel.

The v43 model has been shipped by Coolzet but it's a Digital Cube's product.

Common Features
  • - Wide LCD : 4.3” 480X272 resolution touch screen
  • - Alchemy CPU : Video - DIVX all version / XVID / MPEG 1,2,4 / WMV9 (720X480)
  • Audio - Powerful 80mW output, Wolfson Audio codec,
  • MP3, WMA, AC3, OGG (upto Q10)
  • - Battery : playback time - Video 7 hours / Audio 10 hours
  • - USB (Host) Standard A type 2.0 speed
  • - 5.1 Channel Dolby Surround Sound
  • - TV / RGB(Component) / S-Video out
  • - Multi-tasking : Text Viewer, Photo Album
  • - PIMS / Customized Wallpaper
  • - Photo Album
  • - Optional Item - Docking Station / Wired Remote Control
Country Dependent Features
  • - GPS Car navigation
  • - SDMB / T-DMB (in Korea)
  • - FM Radio

[color="Orange"] OS - Windows 7 Build 7000 || iPC OSX Leopard Uni 10.5.6 || Project Fedora 10 [/color]

--------

[color="DarkRed"]|||[/color] Full Guide: Sony Vaio UX MacOS X Installation Guide & HowTo

[color="DarkRed"]|||[/color] Repo: Sony Vaio Series,Apple and...Cartoons Wallpapers!

Flam

Postby Flam » Thu Sep 13, 2007 19:26

Hi Sev7en

As far as I know the V43 is not a UMPC. I have had this unit back in 2005. This is a PMP wich is open source and has a Touchscreen, so there are a lot of Emus and programmes available. But I think that this size is very good. If the G43 is the same size it really will be interesting..

sev7en

Postby sev7en » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:46

Flam wrote:Hi Sev7en

As far as I know the V43 is not a UMPC. I have had this unit back in 2005. This is a PMP wich is open source and has a Touchscreen, so there are a lot of Emus and programmes available. But I think that this size is very good. If the G43 is the same size it really will be interesting..

Hi Flam!
I guess it's G43 based but for the European/US market... if you do a search, G43 model has not a shipping date (nevermind the press) for our countries and it's available only on the Korean site but the V43 comes for us and not for them. I think it's the same model, with some software/BIOS limitations.

--------

Return to “Digital Cube”