windows 7 the savior for ux

Talk about installing other operating systems on the micro PC.
classusa

windows 7 the savior for ux

Postby classusa » Thu Jul 09, 2009 23:01

cant begin to say how impressed i am with windows 7.It is faster than xp w sp3.it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see this.the little ux with the permanent 1 gig ram a the completely pointless readyboost with the sd/flash cards ive found that windows seven is truly the best alternative for the ux.Im only preachin this because you can pre order it for only 49.99 vs 100.00 and 199.00 before release in 4th quarter 09.

enterman

Postby enterman » Fri Jul 10, 2009 01:51

Currently it's ill-advised to switch to windows 7 completely as Drivers are not up to par yet. Just read this article at Tom's Hardware: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/windows-7-xp,2339.html the battery life on their netbook was shortened by 2.5 hours. Of the very limited battery life you have on a UX, would you really want to sacrifice any?
Want to know what games work and don't work on your UX? Read my list.
Just do a clean install of Vista and come here for driver assistance? Download my pack: here.

classusa

Postby classusa » Fri Jul 10, 2009 02:10

yea i hear ya,it would be pointless for the sacrifice of investing in the beta until the release.I was just testing the newer 7100 release after having to upgrade to the 100 gig hdd....and the lcd due to it going out also.So i was really impressed to see that microsoft actually made it so much more ram efficient,its seems like its vista without all that horrible technology crammed in,i realized there was already a thread on win 7 sry.ive personally pre ordered a copy just for my thought to be defunct ux.now theres hope for a new ux! COOL

1415gateway

Postby 1415gateway » Fri Jul 10, 2009 03:16

why is everyone using Christian reference for the Ux is this a cult? giving up the ghost, the savior" take it easy guys lol....i want windows 7 full version with working drivers

RocketMan

Postby RocketMan » Fri Jul 10, 2009 04:44

I put the trial version of Windows 7 (build 7100) and took the upgrade feature on my UX380N and it works PERFECT!! No issues with drivers and everything tested and it works just fine. I did notice that the Core Solo Processor is not running as much as it used to (or running high and hot) and the memory has been reduced when accessing Office programs. The browser is so much faster MAN it was FAST! Even the heavy sites loaded fast. So I will say that the Windows 7 is going to save the UX series of laptops. I just hope it does the same for my Vaio P series because I use that thing every day and even with 2 gig of memory it's still S-L-O-W! I know Windows 7 will speed it up greatly (I hope).
ALL THINGS SONY
Sony UX380 (mini)
Sony CR390N (midi)
Sony AR550 (maxi)

Scottlfa01

Postby Scottlfa01 » Fri May 21, 2010 02:13

Windows 7 rocked on my UX280 ... in every way. I use it to test projects now, but when I want the UX to go main stream ... windows 7 gets installed. Drivers are fine and battery life is the same for me as XP.
"So there I was, spitting on my goldfish trying to keep it alive ..."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Desktop Home brew running Windows 7 [Mid Level Gaming Rig]
UX280 running Kubuntu 10.4 [Everything wanted working]
Acer Onenote running OS-X 10.5.8 Vanilla
N900 Default Maemo +EasyDebian
SL-C1000 running Jaunty 9.04

Return to “Alternate OS”