Windows 8 Release Preview

Talk about installing other operating systems on the micro PC.
FiveOhFour

Postby FiveOhFour » Sun Jun 17, 2012 06:59

Did you have the full paid version of this driver for Windows 7? Is your touchscreen not working at all or you just aren't getting some extra features. Im confused to the differences between the paid app version and the regular functionality. Only English US is listed for me at the moment in languages. I tried to install the Gunze W7 diver you are talking about and have the same issues, some settings missing, can't communicate with controller and overall quirky. Im a little confused as to what functionality it gives you when its working properly over and above the gunze and wacom drivers that installed with windows 8 automatically and seemed to be great and also allow for handwriting input. Can you tell me which version of the graphics driver you have installed? Im having trouble finding a graphics driver that will both display the higher res and work with metro.

harryfokker

Postby harryfokker » Mon Jun 18, 2012 03:16

FiveOhFour wrote:I tried to install the Gunze W7 diver you are talking about and have the same issues, some settings missing, can't communicate with controller and overall quirky. Im a little confused as to what functionality it gives you when its working properly over and above the gunze and wacom drivers that installed with windows 8 automatically and seemed to be great and also allow for handwriting input..

Touchscreen:
Yes my friend,if you install W7 and use that drivers, the touch pannel become to tablet PC capabilities like auto screen keyboard on all text zones, native windows secreen calibration (8-15 calibration points), the mouse cursor dissapears when you are using only the touch pannel and reapears with a mouse or stickpointer movement, IE and Metro start menu can be dragged and all W8 menus like and Ipad, i know that Vaio UX wil never have multitouch feautures but the tablet presented on W7 are really good even with the 100 clicks limitation

FiveOhFour wrote:Can you tell me which version of the graphics driver you have installed? Im having trouble finding a graphics driver that will both display the higher res and work with metro.

I gratefull recomend to you the GMA945 modded driver Sherry 1.3.2 Beta made by "Angelic Tears" and the Soldiers sans Frontiers Team is excelent, i have 2 days testing it and works really good, im still not try 3d games that i played before for comparisson like Half Life 2 or Portal but HD 720P works amazing, this drivers + GMA Booster 400mhz + SETFSB(PLL ICS9LPR321BKLF Overclocking to 1150,1 Mhz + VLC Media Player plays without glitches any 720P content is really good; i didn`t try yet 1080P videos causes im sure thats only for the Broadcom Crystal HD MiniPci Card.

Download here:http://angelictears9xxssf.wordpress.com/
UMPC: Sony Vaio VGN-UX480FN
Hardware: Processor: Intel Core 2 Solo 1.060 Ghz(Overclockled to 1.160Ghz) / SSD: 48GB / Ram Memory: 1GB
Details: CF Slot / Bluetooth / Extended batery / GPS Receiver / Black Housing
OS: 1)Windows 8 Pro / 2)Android X86 4.0.2 Ice Cream Sandwich
Software Mods: SetFsb(CPU Overclock) / GMABooster(GPU Overclock 400MHZ) / Bios Mod(Fixed Video Ram 251MB)

"Anything is acceptable if it leads to a successful result . . ."

harryfokker

Postby harryfokker » Mon Jun 18, 2012 19:29

[SIZE="2"]
-------------------Touchpanel Test UPDATE 07/18/2012------------------
[/SIZE]

Hello Guys i made another test intalling again Windows 7 and al the Drivers inlcuding the Gunze Tablet 100 Clicks limitation, everything Works good as usual the touch funtions where all there so i did a Windows 8 Update Installation, i have to say that im not a fan of carrying trash from my previous OS but for this test i do it to check if W8 could mantain the Tablet capabilities during the process and the anwer is: NO.

Im very dissapointed with this,the driver Works like the normal but with 100 clicks limitations no Pen and Touch functions where activated on Control Panel, no invisible cursor and no Windows menú Dragging. For a while i thought that it could be the Hardware 2 multitouch points requeriment of W8 after i see a HP TX2000 Tablet PC older than our Vaio UX with only 1 touch point can use the menus and draggin on this OS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g74rQZWVhPQ) thats really anoying me.

I have like 6 months asking for anyone who has the Full versión of this Touch Driver to please TEST Windows 8 and tell us if Works?? im not found any answer, i think that the first really focus Microsoft Touch OS is here and we are not giving it any chance. I know that many of you are going to say to me that Linux is the future and etc, but im just asking for the people that pays 30 bucks on a single driver to make a test of your invesment please. I will reinstall a fresh copy of W8 and continue my tests for a couple of weeks or maybe less, im really curious about of Windows Fundamentals for Legay PC'S and i wanna give it a try, i think that W8 on the UX doesn´t has more misteries to me for now.

Hardware: Processor: Intel Core 2 Solo 1.060 Ghz(Overclockled to 1.160Ghz) / SSD: 48GB / Ram Memory: 1GB

Software Mods: SetFsb(CPU Overclock) / GMABooster(GPU Overclock 400MHZ) / Bios Mod(Fixed Video Ram 251MB)

milkybar1983

Postby milkybar1983 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 09:12

hello harry, only just seen this thread and have been trying to get Windows 8 working for a week now :)

Have you got a link for the Firmware Parser Driver that you used? I can'y find it on the Sony website.

harryfokker

Postby harryfokker » Sun Feb 24, 2013 22:49

The Prser is in the Drivers Pack , you can Find Them in the Forum, and the Windows 8 Trial UPDD Touchscreen is here https://mega.co.nz/#!DQl3CJJJ!VF8ZAH3lkPxaHMzRPTRqqA-UKxYrCUKeAXieMnXvQVU

NEO

Postby NEO » Sat Mar 02, 2013 03:38

harryfokker wrote:Touchscreen:

I gratefull recomend to you the GMA945 modded driver Sherry 1.3.2 Beta made by "Angelic Tears" and the Soldiers sans Frontiers Team is excelent, i have 2 days testing it and works really good, im still not try 3d games that i played before for comparisson like Half Life 2 or Portal but HD 720P works amazing, this drivers + GMA Booster 400mhz + SETFSB(PLL ICS9LPR321BKLF Overclocking to 1150,1 Mhz + VLC Media Player plays without glitches any 720P content is really good; i didn`t try yet 1080P videos causes im sure thats only for the Broadcom Crystal HD MiniPci Card.

Download here:http://angelictears9xxssf.wordpress.com/

Could you please post this driver? As all the links I tried on the site you posted are down, also, could you please elaborate on the "Firmware Parser Driver" recommendation? Also, how did you manage to get both cameras working? I just get the front one.. And finally, when I go to device manager, I get an unknown device INTEL(R)82801GBM(ICH7-M/U)LPC Interface Controller

Any help is much appreciated!!

harryfokker

Postby harryfokker » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:31

NEO wrote:Could you please post this driver? As all the links I tried on the site you posted are down, also, could you please elaborate on the "Firmware Parser Driver" recommendation? Also, how did you manage to get both cameras working? I just get the front one.. And finally, when I go to device manager, I get an unknown device INTEL(R)82801GBM(ICH7-M/U)LPC Interface Controller

Any help is much appreciated!!

here it is https://mega.co.nz/#!rJlkGABD!daCkw31UpOU68C3YSdTz2TTQ0PYrZB-KajZiolr57VQ

Return to “Alternate OS”