Snow Leopard ( Successful )

sportfisio

Postby sportfisio » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:34

Hi again! Doing some test, want to report something annoying...
I have a UX1XN with SL 10.6.6. I have the screen issue, so right now I can only use it with an external monitor, so I didn´t notice that the 6.6. update kill the AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext, and stop working dual screen (I mean: there was only ONE screen, the external). Re-installing the kext on first post solves the issue, if somebody wants to know. I'm trying new kexts to improve some things:
- as nobody noticed (or nobody said), the sound out is only working on mono audio (right channel), so you don´t have stereo. Found another VoodooHDA version, gonna give it a try and report some results.
- found that Byometric processor is recogniced ont System Info by usb interface!! So it don't work just because UPEK is NOT giving software support...I've contacted some months ago, gonna give them another mail...
- there are some projects on SD card readers...gonna give a try if we could make MS work.
- the camera has still NOT a working solution...I haven't found any forum on the net trying to solve VAIO's VPC cameras...so I'm talking with Cimino user to do a camera mod to improve camera quality, and also make Mac OX compatible...
- to do some of this mods, I've already purchased a UX180p, so I'm doing some experiments...and I found that I can make my SL instalation working on external HDD on the 180p! Somebody asked if RAM could make it not working. Well, I've found it works, but with some issues, as the hardware were not same: the touch pannel don't work, About this Mac crashes and restarts Finder...

Well, after doing few of this experiments, I will give the10.6.7 update, and give some reports...(it crashes the OpenGL/CE on another VAIO, so I'm a little afraid).

sportfisio

Postby sportfisio » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:26

Well, last VoodooHDA package installed (called 2.7.2 version), makes annoying work... I read before some posts related to the MIDI app config in Utils folder to fix some audio issues.I tried some things, and once get my Stereo working! But same day lost stereo and don't know why...

Well, tried last update to 10.6.7 and system crash, can't boot even in verbose or single mode...so gonna step back.

UPEK answer me again they have no plans for giving software support to our "old" byometric sensor...They put me in contact with Mac developers company, but they never answer my 4 mails...So we have a dead end here I think. Hope you guys have some fresh ideas, I'd love to run byometric on Mac too...

Tried to get in touch with Ubuntu users in this forum, to help on porting camera kext to Mac. No answer yet.

That's all, for now. Any help would be appreciated!

sportfisio

Postby sportfisio » Sat Jun 25, 2011 14:46

Hi again!!!

Found that Mac UX users were out for a looooooong time! A new update is out, and nobody has tried it?

Still working on full working UX!

niteman1969

Postby niteman1969 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 16:33

I can't see or find a guide anywhere for 10.6.7 on the ux although someone is apparently
selling one with dual boot 10.6.7 and win 7 on ebay.co.uk

I would love to know how that was done.

Anyway the Lion 10.7 update at the moment is a developer only trial so I wouldn't go
downloading it and updating as even if it works it will probably run out at some point.

Upgrading to Lion when it does come out properly will be tricky as it is only going to
be available on the mac apps store.

sportfisio

Postby sportfisio » Sat Jun 25, 2011 20:00

Mmm...Yes, I've just seen it. I'll contact him, and see if he can explain me how to make it work...
But this update is not a must: with 10.6.6 you get Appstore,wich is a major update, but 6.7 and 6.8 are not too much needed...Just want to be on date ;)

I think Lion would be awesome, but the touching features are developed to a 2 points, and we never get that, and also a powerful hardware is needed, so we probably lose a lot of performance...

niteman1969

Postby niteman1969 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 21:57

Updated to 10.6.8 working with no problem.

http://youtu.be/3rxcajTjm5M

Deleted....

_nullcpupowermanagement.kext
_lidsleep.kext
_sleepenabler.kext

Copied AppleIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext to desktop

Downloaded KextHelper B7

Downloaded these kexts

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2HY7O8IQ
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WWJQ1E1Y

Download 10.6.8 combo update, not by system update but from
apple website and install ... DO NOT REBOOT when finished.

Before reboot re-install the original AppleIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext
and install the other kexts you just downloaded with kexthelper b7

Then get kexthelper to clear caches and fix permissions and finally
hit the reboot button on the finished 10.6.8 combo update.

10.6.8 working fine.....

Patch for glidestick still works well.

Still have to re-do the patch to get ethernet working again
and never have installed patched dsdt or fakesmc 2.5 but I only just
installed from a 10.6 disc last night, and knew that there was a way to
get 10.6.8 working, so for now a pretty vanilla guid install using whole
hdd as macos partition.

Anyway looking to read and add all the extra stuff later.

sportfisio

Postby sportfisio » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:32

Cool!! Gonna give it a try later!! Thanks!!!

sportfisio

Postby sportfisio » Tue Jun 28, 2011 14:34

One more question before upgrading:
- is brightness working?
- is sleep working?(none has achieved this before...)

Again thanks!

niteman1969

Postby niteman1969 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 19:56

No and No..... still the same...

sportfisio

Postby sportfisio » Tue Jun 28, 2011 22:08

Well,thanks indeed!!

Gonna try ASAP!

Return to “Mac OS”