Sony UX still alive 2018

Talk about the hardware components of the micro PC.
ferlanero

Re: Sony UX still alive 2018

Postby ferlanero » Sat Jul 21, 2018 13:14

bigs wrote:
Thats good to hear! UXes at work. although not so much for portable use. Never used Budgie before, it this a Linux Distro. When I click the link, it says it is discontinued.

Yes, Manjaro32 is a Linux distro (with the Budgie Desktop in my case). And about the discontinuation of the 32 bit version of Manjaro, yes and no. Manjaro officially discontinued the 32 bit branch 1 year ago more or less , but one of its maintainers decided to fork the the distro and hopefully nowadays we still have a full working 32 bit distro for ours beloved UX's in which ones we can run all the modern software we want: Linux Kernel 4.14, Firefox 61, Google Chromium, VLC 3, view Youtube, Popcorn Time 3, etc, etc.

For me it's an absolute pleasure using still this great piece of hardware with modern software

bigs

Re: Sony UX still alive 2018

Postby bigs » Thu Aug 02, 2018 23:14

ferlanero wrote:
bigs wrote:
Thats good to hear! UXes at work. although not so much for portable use. Never used Budgie before, it this a Linux Distro. When I click the link, it says it is discontinued.

Yes, Manjaro32 is a Linux distro (with the Budgie Desktop in my case). And about the discontinuation of the 32 bit version of Manjaro, yes and no. Manjaro officially discontinued the 32 bit branch 1 year ago more or less , but one of its maintainers decided to fork the the distro and hopefully nowadays we still have a full working 32 bit distro for ours beloved UX's in which ones we can run all the modern software we want: Linux Kernel 4.14, Firefox 61, Google Chromium, VLC 3, view Youtube, Popcorn Time 3, etc, etc.

For me it's an absolute pleasure using still this great piece of hardware with modern software

Good to know. How does Manjaro compare to the likes of Ubuntu? Is it a lighter OS, designed for devices with limited CPU and memory? The later UX model did come out with 64bit architecture and sported an Intel u2200 CPU also known as a core2solo type CPU. As for those who upgraded their Sony UX's to a core2duo type CPU by Anh. These too fully support 64bit operating systems

Return to “Hardware”