BIOS Update Links - (12/24/07)

Talk about software for the micro PC.
hendhess

BIOS Update from MyDigitalLife

Postby hendhess » Fri Nov 27, 2009 01:58

Hi everybody,

Many thanks for all the help on these BIOS updates.

I wanted to express a word of caution to any MTRON SSD owners considering the BIOS update from MyDigitalLife. After flashing the new BIOS, it seems to cause an annoying 7-8 second disk access delay in Windows 7 whenever the device resumes from standby or hibernate. I am suspecting this because my MTRON-equipped UX490 has this issue, but a friend with a Samsung SSD did not develop the problem. I tried a fresh Windows 7 install, and it *still* happens, without any installed drivers or apps.

Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time re-flashing the original bios, as WBFlash now keeps saying "unable to read system data" before terminating itself.

Are any MTRON owners encountering temporary freezes after resuming from sleep/hibernate on the Vaio UX?

Edit: I successfully flashed back to the official Sony BIOS, and my freezing problems are now gone. That was weird...

ozkaya

Postby ozkaya » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:35

I have these delays even though I don't have SSD nor modded BIOS. do you have memory stick plugged in while resuming?
UX91S (HDD version)
16 gb Memory Stick Pro Duo
32 gb Compact Flash Card
Vodafone k3520 hsdpa modem / fried one of them, one left../yeah! buried the other in..
Windows 7

hendhess

Postby hendhess » Tue Dec 01, 2009 00:33

ozkaya wrote:I have these delays even though I don't have SSD nor modded BIOS. do you have memory stick plugged in while resuming?

Hmmm -- I don't recall a memory stick in there while resuming.

I remember getting some delays when using XP SP2, but it never ever happened with Win7 after installing drivers, some Sony services and apps (Office 2007, Sony Vegas, Adobe CS3 stuff, Eset SS4, Firefox, Skype, K-lite codecs) and the original Sony/Phoenix BIOS (at least in my case).

Makeithappen4u2

Postby Makeithappen4u2 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 03:13

Having problems with Bio's, had a power outage during rain strom while installing bio's, now I can't get to set-up screen or install bio again, nothing but a blank screen.

cimino

Postby cimino » Wed Aug 04, 2010 09:21

Didn't you have the battery plugged in?

Anyway, replacing the motherboard is pretty much the only thing you can do.

If you had the expertise and equipment, it might be possible to copy the BIOS image from a working UX and write it to yours, but that's not easy. Someone did that with a EEE PC here.

robinmatt

Postby robinmatt » Wed Feb 16, 2011 13:33

The BIOS posted on my digital life actually will flash. My machine had Ubuntu and XP on it so I tried to flash from DOS and from XP but it failed. So I re-imaged my Sony with the Vista setup it came with. Then I ran the BIOS from mydigitallife and it completed.

Hearnia2k

Postby Hearnia2k » Sat Dec 10, 2011 20:12

Does anybody have a working link for this bios? I would very much like to try it on one of my UXs, but I can't find any working links?

Thanks.

harryfokker

Postby harryfokker » Mon Dec 12, 2011 00:35

Hearnia2k wrote:Does anybody have a working link for this bios? I would very much like to try it on one of my UXs, but I can't find any working links?

Thanks.

Hello, here(http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Sony-Vaio-VGN-UX390N-Unlocked-hidden-options-EIST-Unlocked-Post-5-18) you can find the modded Bios that you looking for, many members of this forum and me already use it. For now it not reports any problems, read all posts befores intalls it there are detailed instalation instructions.

In my case the only advanced option that i modified is the video settings to gain more Video Ram avaible.

I hope this will help ypu
UMPC: Sony Vaio VGN-UX480FN
Hardware: Processor: Intel Core 2 Solo 1.060 Ghz(Overclockled to 1.160Ghz) / SSD: 48GB / Ram Memory: 1GB
Details: CF Slot / Bluetooth / Extended batery / GPS Receiver / Black Housing
OS: 1)Windows 8 Pro / 2)Android X86 4.0.2 Ice Cream Sandwich
Software Mods: SetFsb(CPU Overclock) / GMABooster(GPU Overclock 400MHZ) / Bios Mod(Fixed Video Ram 251MB)

"Anything is acceptable if it leads to a successful result . . ."

joelsplace

Postby joelsplace » Mon Jan 30, 2012 20:07

Does the new BIOS allow you to set the memory to 533 instead of 400? I can't seem to find any info on how to do this.

ceehoppy1st

Postby ceehoppy1st » Tue Jan 31, 2012 04:22

I'm not sure you can really change ram speed on the UX. I've seen a pic of a screen in some version of "Vaio Control Center" that had ram 400/533 options, but I've never seen it. Further, in the Sony service manual - 'block diagram'- it shows the FSB at 533MHz & the single channel DDR2 at 400MHz. The FSB to ram frequency "ratio" might be a fixed design in the clock generator chip.
UX280 U7700- ssd of the day - hardware test toy
UX37GN stock- U1500-hdd

Return to “Software”