Install Vista from recovery partition without the bloat

Talk about software for the micro PC.
dhayden

Postby dhayden » Tue Nov 20, 2007 16:39

anh wrote:if you have recovery partition hidden in your 380, following the procedure above may be a little bit difficult to do if you decided to keep recovery partition. But if you want create Recovery DVDs and wipe out it, the procedure will be much easier as I did with my 390.
First, create your recovery DVDs for backing up purpose. Then boot your 380 with recovery DVD, select restore complete system with option just 1 partition for Microsoft OS. This will not create recovery partition. Then follow the instruction to the rest of process of 2 DVDs copied. After some next steps, it will prompt you insert DVD1. At this point, hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and click Task Manager. Find Launcher.exe and kill it. From now, it wont install any bloat and do the same other process to the rest. With this, you have full driver and function installed. If you need some more program, go to Recover program or driver to install it.
Hope this help.

ok i didnt make backup disks because i dont have the external dvd drive. i tried the ctrl z andthe ctrl r and didnt get the screen he is talking about. what am i doing wrong?

the other thing i was mentioning is i have alot of purchased software on my ux and i was afraid of loosing all my personal data that i have stored all over the hd. will this technique erase all my personal data and take it back to factory state? thanks again for a great site and all the info. This is my homepage:) dan

anh

Postby anh » Tue Nov 20, 2007 19:45

If you have only one drive [C:], when you do the restore, it will delete everything in your drive including your data. So make you back up before doing the restore. I do not try Ctrl+R or Ctrl+Z, but you can run restore in Windows with Restore C: Drive. If you keep recovery partition, you have to follow the step to kill launcher.exe at right point.

KERX11

Postby KERX11 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 13:24

Hello, if a person made a copy of its complete disk with the hidden partition(score) I buy him(her) a copy for 25€.

Thank you for your help(assistant).

The FRENCHMAN.

kerx11@hotmail.fr

sony vaio UX380N

KERX11

Postby KERX11 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 13:32

Wanted Backup Hard Disk Ux380n.
Please
Thank You

fiveseven808

Postby fiveseven808 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 19:54

Alright, I finally figured out why my VAIO recovery launcher never worked... But nw I have a different issue!!!

When reinstalling by bluetooth and fingerprint programs, the program asks for the second recovery disk, I'm unable to "click" the "ok" button. The button never depressses, and the program never advances...

Anyone have any ieas?
[SIZE="1"]Sony UX380N (dying)
Windows 7 Ultimate RTM Edition
2gb Sandisk Extreme III w/eboostr (ReadyBoost)

Logitech Bluetooth Mouse, Bluetooth Frog Pad, iGo Bluetooth Stowaway Keyboard, Lubix LC1 Bluetooth Stereo Headset, Battery Geek BG14-18-60 60Wh Ext Battery, 22inch Westinghouse LCD, USB2VGA with 15inch, Hardware and software KVM with Desktop[/SIZE]

seaf20

Postby seaf20 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 08:37

is the windows you talk about is the one that say "windows setup"
windows is now setting up the following items:
(x) disable standby
(x) disable hibernation
(x) disable monitor power down
( ) vaio recovery

it say copying software to the C: drive.... but its been there for a while and still not even 1%.. is this what i'm supposed to stop?

seaf20

Postby seaf20 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 19:39

bleh, got it working..... nice!!!! i love this thing THANKS FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS MAN!!!!

skeezix

Postby skeezix » Thu Jan 31, 2008 01:53

Dang; I did this, but now every boot it says "Windows could not complte installation" and proceeds to shutdown, reboot, and repeat.

*Doh*

You might want to edit your description.. I sat at the progress bar for awhilew wondering when to kill, watching for a new instller to pop up; in the end it seemed pretty obvious, as the progress jumped 50% or something and at that instant AskJeeves started to go in. I killed Windows Setup in the Apps list at that point, and a few more windows popped up (for jeeves), and then done. Seemed good..

.. but now screwed :)

Will try again, or maybe the Restore menu can fix a few things..

jeff

skeezix

Postby skeezix » Thu Jan 31, 2008 03:12

update...

Task manager shows 3...

vaio power options
windows setup
recover complete system

The last one (could be different order) is the one to get.. not setup

ux 380 too..

jeff

SomethingUX

Postby SomethingUX » Thu Feb 07, 2008 16:49

I must say that after I completed this procedure my performance has skyrocketed! However, there is a side effect. I'll apologize ahead of time since I read only half of the entire thread and didn't see anyone with the same problem as mine, so sorry if this has already been discussed.

After I restored my system and played with it a bit I was amazed at the increase of performance. As noted, the biometric software was not installed, so I went to the VAIO Recovery Center to remedy this. The thing is that the recovery center will not launch. I can't get to the recovery center through the CTRL+Z and CTRL+R methods either. This worries me because if I really needed to recover my OS, I won't be able to.

Any help or advice is appreciated.
Sony VAIO UX-380N
"Have it your way."

Return to “Software”