Sull's Custom Windows XP CD Creator for UX [Updated: 3/6/08]

Talk about software for the micro PC.
Albedo

Postby Albedo » Fri Aug 22, 2008 01:53

Never mind, I solved the problem. Sorry for the needless post!

Albedo

Postby Albedo » Fri Aug 22, 2008 04:41

...And yet I have a new problem. I don't have an external optical drive, so I have been trying to install XP from the ISO using Virtual CloneDrive. Every time I try to run the installer, however, the setup is blocked due to a 'compatibility issue' because 'the version of Windows on your computer is newer than the verison on the CD.' Is there any way around this frustrating problem?

Many thanks,

Dave

Rybones

Another successful install, Thansk Sull !

Postby Rybones » Fri Aug 22, 2008 16:38

Well, the install for my new 390n went perfectly, Thanks Sull!
I had a 380 that I had loaded xp on a long time ago without the benefit of the custom installer and knew when I got the 390 that Vista had to go - but that was made a lot easier thanks to your setup.
Great Job!

RyT.

Sull86

Postby Sull86 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 20:13

SWEET !!!

Dave,

Your going to have to install XP via a USB stick, what are you attempting right now :confused:

Guides have been posted here at the forum.. not sure where atm but I do have links at home..
Sull Support >
-XP: UX driver & app Pack v2.3 [B]Download
[/B]

[color=DeepSkyBlue]-XP: WWAN driv & app Pack v1.2 [/color][B][color=Red]Download[/color][/B]

[color=DeepSkyBlue]-Se7en: UX driver & application pack [/color]Download
-Guide: model.txt for XP and Vista [color=Red]Download[/color]

Albedo

Postby Albedo » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:17

Please excuse my extreme ignorance, and here's hoping this is the last time I have to bother you good people! Sull, I have created an ISO precisely as you outlined, but I am unsure how to create a bootable USB drive. Some errant research has turned up little in the way of user-friendly solutions. Assuming I want to avoid command-line inputs and multiple software downloading, is there a simple way to format my USB so it will finish the job?

Thanks again. I am ashamed.

Dave

cimino

Postby cimino » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:06

@Albedo,
Don't be afraid to ask, lots of people are happy to help.

About a year ago I looked into ways to install Windows off a USB drive, and it seemed like too much effort. I just ended up doing it off a CD. But I'm too cheap to buy an external optical drive so I just got an old internal IDE one that was lying around and bought an IDE to USB converter cable with a power supply so I could connect it to my UX. Just an idea.

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-2-0-To-SATA-IDE-2-5-3-5-Hard-Drive-CD-Rom-Cable-Y02_W0QQitemZ300250860967QQihZ020QQcategoryZ74941QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sull86

Postby Sull86 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 07:29

Dave,

Yes installing via USB is not easy ... the best guide is probably this one HERE and remember if you are having issues not all USB sticks work perfect :cool:

An easier way is to grab what cimino suggested, heck I will sell you an external USB drive and all, I have the fancy one now ..
Sull Support >

[/B]

[color=DeepSkyBlue]-XP: WWAN driv & app Pack v1.2 [/color][B][color=Red]Download[/color][/B]

ojorrono

Postby ojorrono » Sun Aug 24, 2008 08:53

Hi Guys n Gals
I'm a newbie so really need advice especially Sull's 86 the master of ux. My problem is the camera not working. I have done installing fresh vista business and the sull's driver & application pack accordingly. Everythins works accept the camera (both). I also doing wun extracting the notebook utilities. Got 2 folders VCU & VCCU. I've installed VCU correctly but VCCU failed with a words 'not for this device'. I also disable UAC when installing.
Another queation is can i use WWAN in Malaysia with other telco's operator.
Pl;ease advice.
Thanks

Sull86

Postby Sull86 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 17:34

ojorrono,

That is weird, you could try not unpacking "notebook utilities" and just do the model.txt trick for it ?

You can find a guide how, pretty easy in Vista actually, anyhow in my sig below!

Let me know how that go's
Sull Support >

[/B]

Albedo

Postby Albedo » Sun Aug 24, 2008 20:02

Thanks to all! Looking into getting that external CD drive as we speak. Such a production!

Best,

Dave

Return to “Software”