How to unlock the Sony Ericsson EDGE (SIM) module

Talk about the wireless features of the micro PC.
jeanjaques

Postby jeanjaques » Wed Jul 21, 2010 08:48

Please help me

I have win7 ultimate and a unlock code from Sony but no modem was installed. I have tried all the drivers, installation was ok, but the device manager find no plug and play modem and to install manuall, no driver found. Before I had vista and the communication manager told me to switch on the modem. How can I switch on the edge modem ?
The only hardware switch is that for bluetooth and wireless!
Thank you.

jeanjaques

Postby jeanjaques » Thu Jul 22, 2010 19:09

Is there anybody outthere who can help me?

theonlynickleft

Postby theonlynickleft » Fri Jul 30, 2010 18:39

I am taking a break from this for a minute. I got the unlock code from Sony. I installed hyperterminal. I do NOT have a cingular sim card, am i at a dead end???

ALSO. If I borrow a cingular sim from someone, will I hurt their card while I try and unlock my computer ?
writing - not typing on my UMPC - please forgive my wrytos..
~~ diane whatever ~~

Yeggster

Postby Yeggster » Sat Jul 31, 2010 06:15

theonlynickleft wrote:I am taking a break from this for a minute. I got the unlock code from Sony. I installed hyperterminal. I do NOT have a cingular sim card, am i at a dead end???

ALSO. If I borrow a cingular sim from someone, will I hurt their card while I try and unlock my computer ?

No it will not damage the SIM card .. you can safely borrow one to do the unlock.

rockmartinn24

Postby rockmartinn24 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 14:47

It is such a nice information for me. I have Sony Ericsson cell phone. I do not know how to unlock it. But now I am very happy with your information about how to unlock the Sony Ericsson EDGE (SIM) module.

metamet

Postby metamet » Fri Sep 03, 2010 03:16

jeanjaques,

man, run smartwi and enable wwan. smartwi is switching modem on-off. when you enter pin code, it will ask sim unlock code.

anh

Postby anh » Sat Sep 11, 2010 01:12

Have you ever unlocked a Sony EDGE modem?

metamet wrote:jeanjaques,

man, run smartwi and enable wwan. smartwi is switching modem on-off. when you enter pin code, it will ask sim unlock code.
Anh Nguyen
Join BidNip To Save and Win More Auctions

Notebook
SVS13A190X

Portable
VGN-UX280P
Tablet S1 16GB

princedlight

Postby princedlight » Wed Sep 15, 2010 16:02

Embedded Sony Ericsson EDGE module can be opened so that it will accept and use a different SIM card, for example between the mobile operator. When embedded Sony Ericsson edge of the form is opened, if the Sony-Cingular SIM card can be removed and a different SIM card. Use the following steps to ensure that your computer is configured correctly to unlock the SIM procedure and to find the IMEI number of the SIM unlock code.

becca

Postby becca » Fri Sep 17, 2010 08:04

Nice....I unlocked my mobile here http://www.wickedunlock.com/unlock-your-phone/rs11wp2/ and also i got the unlock instruction in the same site....

derickyann

Postby derickyann » Thu Jan 13, 2011 00:35

The Sony Ericsson based on the module can be unlocked to accept and use a different SIM card, for example, a cellular service providers. Once embedded Sony Ericsson edge of the module is unlocked, the Sony-provided Cingular ® SIM card can be removed and inserted another SIM card. Use the following procedure to ensure that equipment is properly configured to carry out the SIM unlock procedure and get the IMEI number needed to find the SIM unlock code.

Return to “Wireless”