Re: Sony is Refusing to Unlock any SIM with Vista

Talk about the wireless features of the micro PC.
leventozler

Postby leventozler » Mon May 21, 2007 06:22

wow, got the code instantly. It wasnt so easy a couple months ago :)

andyiacovou

Postby andyiacovou » Wed May 23, 2007 00:20

pakijawan wrote:hay thanks for reply,but i found the problem and unlocked it,you have to check some stuff in settings.if anyone has same problem go ahead ask :D thanks again rhotic

Hi. please can you let me know how you resolved this? i cannot type in hyperterminal. any help appreciated. thanks

rhotic

Postby rhotic » Wed May 23, 2007 07:14

this is the place to pool the info... don't be shy ;-)

andyiacovou

Postby andyiacovou » Wed May 23, 2007 15:20

Hi everyone. I have finally managed to obtain an unlock code from Sony (after several attempts) and downloaded HyperTerminal Private Edition from Hilgraeve. However I cannot seem to type in the hyperterminal. Please can someone help, i'm totally stuck!

termnatr

Postby termnatr » Wed May 23, 2007 16:47

andyiacovou wrote:Hi everyone. I have finally managed to obtain an unlock code from Sony (after several attempts) and downloaded HyperTerminal Private Edition from Hilgraeve. However I cannot seem to type in the hyperterminal. Please can someone help, i'm totally stuck!

Hey andyiacovou,

I had a problem unlocking my 280 but i realized that i didn't have a sim card in my ux. When I didn't have the card in, it wouldn't let me write in HyperTerminal. Also I was told to make sure your cap lock button was on. I guess everthing you type should be capitalized?

I'm actually getting a error code when I try to connect to T-Mobile. My ux battery died so I will post the code later in hopes of getting help myself. I think I may just have a setting wrong.

--termnatr

termnatr

Postby termnatr » Wed May 23, 2007 19:30

Well, I fixed my error code, I missed a * in the dial up number to connect to T-Mobile's network.

The only other question is, i'm using cingular's dial up program to connect to T-Mobile. Will I have any problems using this?

Thanks
--termnatr

andyiacovou

Postby andyiacovou » Thu May 24, 2007 01:04

Great news, I have unlocked my ux390. Although as expected I'm having trouble connecting in the UK using uk service provider Vodafone. It just keeps saying 'searching for network' although there is a signal. Does anyone know whether if i'm getting a signal I should therfeore be able to connect or could it be some other problem?

pakijawan

Postby pakijawan » Thu May 24, 2007 01:30

hay, andyiacovou
good thing you unlocked it,sorry i couldn't get to your problem sooner of you not seeing the hyper terminal code typed,but ill put how to fix that anyway so other people don't have same problem.
1.after making all the name and stuff,when the small windows is gone.go to file>properties.
2.then to settings.
3.then ASCII setup
4,check two box on the top,(send line etc.. & echo typed etc..)
now you should see your typing :D,hope this helps other people.

Davey

Postby Davey » Thu Jun 28, 2007 23:40

I just got an unlock code (from the UK using a free call over SKYPE :)

the tech asked almost no questions apart from what was the IMEI no....pity then that he wanted to walk me though and despite me reading what I was typing didn't correct the initially wrong code that he gave (extra 1 on the end)

computercowboy

Postby computercowboy » Sat Jun 30, 2007 15:20

andyiacovou wrote:Great news, I have unlocked my ux390. Although as expected I'm having trouble connecting in the UK using uk service provider Vodafone. It just keeps saying 'searching for network' although there is a signal. Does anyone know whether if i'm getting a signal I should therfeore be able to connect or could it be some other problem?

the ux has triband EDGE 850,1800,1900 if you service from vodafone is 900Mhz you are SOL.

Return to “Wireless”