Re: Sony is Refusing to Unlock any SIM with Vista

Talk about the wireless features of the micro PC.
Davey

Postby Davey » Sun Jul 01, 2007 06:31

andyiacovou wrote:Great news, I have unlocked my ux390. Although as expected I'm having trouble connecting in the UK using uk service provider Vodafone. It just keeps saying 'searching for network' although there is a signal. Does anyone know whether if i'm getting a signal I should therfeore be able to connect or could it be some other problem?

the other issue is that in the uk only orange offer EDGE so other networks only give gprs....
---------------
UX280p
EDGE unlocked to work on Orange (UK)

andyiacovou

Postby andyiacovou » Sun Jul 01, 2007 22:21

Davey wrote:the other issue is that in the uk only orange offer EDGE so other networks only give gprs....

I am now using an Orange sim card and it works perfectly. I think its something to do with the band Orange use.

fred2302

Postby fred2302 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 18:36

I am about to purchase a UX390N for use in the UK (with Vista.

If I cannot unlock the SIM, will it still be possible to attach a T-Mobile USB modem, and use that ?

I presume so, but would just like confirmation.

Thanks v much ,, I have a UX1XN and am fairly happy, apart from the huge drain on battery life, using a bluetooth mouse/usb modem requires.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rybones

Unlock codes etc...

Postby Rybones » Fri Jul 20, 2007 06:43

I just thought I would drop a post in with my experience on this... Using the customer service number Sinful posted a few pages back, I called and gave them my information - the first person I talked to took the info and promptly gave my my unlock code with no hassle whatsoever. Total time spent on the phone (minus the minute and a half for the little survey) about 3 minutes.

Thanks Sinful!

ok, off to unlock myself now :D

chanakya

Postby chanakya » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:30

mintyfresh wrote:They are saying that their systems have no unlock code for my IMEI number.

I am having same problem to get my UX380 unlocked. They say they don’t have my IMEI number in their database. Should I wait few more days or should I send this back to the seller (cdw.com). Will cingular be a help on this. What should I tell them?
I have emailed dgrilli and Sinful too but have not received any reply yet
Please help.

openone

Postby openone » Mon Jul 23, 2007 18:10

hey rohit , you got your 380N! :D . Also will the U.S sim module work in India? just wondering ...
________
Live sex

Rybones

Postby Rybones » Mon Jul 23, 2007 19:44

chanakya wrote:I am having same problem to get my UX380 unlocked. They say they don’t have my IMEI number in their database. Should I wait few more days or should I send this back to the seller (cdw.com). Will cingular be a help on this. What should I tell them?
I have emailed dgrilli and Sinful too but have not received any reply yet
Please help.

Thats really odd... I got mine from CDW also and they had all of my info and gave me the unlock code right away. I wonder if it is because I picked mine up in person at the shop and they checked me out there as opposed to ordering it online? Shouldn't make a difference though as they would have to scan that stuff either way.

chanakya

Postby chanakya » Tue Jul 24, 2007 01:51

I contacted sony today too. They say they don’t have unlock code for the IMEI numI contacted sony today too. They say they don’t have unlock code for the IMEI number of my UX. So they will have to individually take up this case and will have to talk with Cingular. This process may take up to a week’s time. But they assured me that I will get the unlock code for sure.
Vinay I am not sure if it will work in India. I guess It will with Hutch network.

chanakya

Postby chanakya » Thu Jul 26, 2007 15:54

UPDATE: Just received the unlock code from them and it worked perfectly!

openone

Postby openone » Fri Jul 27, 2007 07:53

its great to hear rohit! :D congrats!

BTW , did hutch Edge work ? please tell me , i asked my friend to unlock my 380 in US :D
________
BUY GLASS PIPES

Return to “Wireless”